What Is Assisted Living?
Assisted Living is an apartment style accommodation for seniors who are no longer comfortable living independently or who may simply not want the responsibilities of home ownership any longer. Residents require help with some everyday activities due to the simple fact of aging, but they are still active and vital. Our assistance may help them stay that way. Assisted Living allows for and supports independence, privacy and respect. Our Personal Care Attendants may offer help when it’s needed in a comfortable environment that was designed to accommodate seniors. Serving America’s Greatest Generations…
Comforts of your new home
You may be ready to leave home ownership behind, but you certainly expect to feel ‘at home’ in your new assisted living apartment. That’s why we offer the choice of spacious studio or one bedroom apartments complete with all modern conveniences including a microwave and refrigerator/freezer at no additional charge.
Because this is your new home, you furnish the apartment as you like and may customize it with colors to your liking . . . even wallpaper. All community areas from the dining room to the lounges have been decorated with our resident’s taste in mind.
. . . All the attention to detail you would expect in a custom home.
The residents at Miller’s Senior Living Communities enjoy all the pleasures and privacy of residential living in a lovely apartment designed for their comfort. Because each of us experiences the aging process differently, we take a customized approach to offering assistance to our residents. A helping hand allows our residents to live life to the fullest.
PEACE OF MIND.
Here is a sample listing of some services as well as features / amenities you may find at a Miller’s Senior Living Community near you. They may vary from location to location.
- Restaurant style dining with a large selection of items and daily specials
- Two meals a day plus a continental breakfast
- Personal Care Services Daily
- Medication reminders upon request
- Weekly housekeeping and flat linen laundry service
- Staff available 24 hours a day
- Scheduled transportation
- Social, recreational and educational activities
- Comprehensive maintenance of apartment fixtures, building common areas and grounds
- Individualized service plan
- Monthly wellness checks
- Priority access to Miller’s Merry Manor, the Rehabilitation and Health Care Center
- Night time checks available
FEATURES / AMENITIES:
- Spacious 2-bedroom, 1-bedroom & studio apartment accommodations
- Wall to wall carpeting
- Individually controlled heating and cooling system
- Private bathroom with wheelchair accessible shower
- Utilities included except telephone
- Large walk-in closets
- Kitchenette equipped with microwave and refrigerator/freezer
- Emergency call system; some locations offer the pendant system as well, which you may wear / carry with you
- Fire safety sprinkler system and smoke alarm
- Cable or satellite television
- Large button telephones
- Coin free laundry rooms, soap and softener is provided
- Spacious dining room with walk out patio
- Private dining room
- Hair salon / barber services
- Community center with large screen television
- Social room with Internet access
- Family room with a fireplace
- Activities room with kitchen services
- Enclosed / screened in patio / porch
- Coffee, Ice cream bar, and/or soda shoppe
- Landscaped grounds with a walking path & gazebos
- Guest room for visitors
- Short term stays
- Rest, relax & recuperate after an illness or surgery